Secret Information About Home Decor Bohemian Only The Pros Know About 113 – Dizzyhome.com
How to Create a Cowboy and Western Theme Bedroom – Boys Bedroom Design Tips
Creating a room with a cowboy theme can be a lot of fun, and there are so many options. Many little boys love the old west, and this theme can be created without difficulty.
I find the easiest way to begin is by choosing the bedding. There are many western and cowboy comforter and quilt sets available, full of horses, cowboys, and rodeo scenes. Denim bedding sets also go well with the rugged look. You can team up the denim bedding, or any solid color bedding with Navaho or Native American print sheets, or sheets with a western design print, such as horses, cowboy hats, boots, etc. The cowboy comforter sets usually have coordinating throwing cushions available. If you are going with a solid bedding look – there are many throw cushions with cowboy motifs, red or blue bandana fabric pillows, cow prints, denim, leather, and Native American art incorporated into the design.
Once the bedding is chosen, the next step is choosing how to treat the walls. If you intend to paint them, earth tones generally work best, such as a warm tan color, or a color that you really like that exists in the bedding. Adobe looking walls also work well. I highly recommend bringing the bedding with you into the paint store, when choosing paint. It makes it so much easier to match color. Wallpaper can also be used, with cowboy / western print, but sometimes keeping it simple is far more effective. There are wallpaper patterns that have a leather stitching look. With solid wall colors, borders can be applied. Another option is purchasing a wall mural with a western scene, or painting western items directly to the wall, such as cowboys, boots, saddles, horseshoes etc.
Creative Ideas to Create a Western Theme Room:
1. Purchase or paint a wall mural of a western scene. Frame it with rough boards to depict a “window” surrounding the view. Create a western feel through the use of western, southern, Native American, or Navaho area rugs. Use western blankets and throws over a chair or bed. Use two western blankets or throws, and convert them into curtains.
2. Log beds and rustic furniture fit well with a cowboy theme room. Another option is standard wood furniture. You can purchase twisted wire or cowboy boot drawers, or steer skull knobs to dress it up. Search for rustic, rugged unpainted wood basics for bedroom furniture, and apply a simple varnish or stain. Use a rustic country shelf as a wall accent. You can purchase wooden shelves at crafts stores. The shelf can be painted in a coordinating color to the room. Lightly sand edges to create a worn rugged look. Replace light switch covers with western style covers.
3. Find western scenes, cowboys, horses, in magazines and books. They can be cut out and framed. You can also purchase amazing photos online through web sites that sell stock photography. Many of these photos are available for a few dollars, and they can be printed, framed and hung on the walls, or clustered in small groups on dressers. Think wild horses, old worn out saddles, teepees, horseshoes, old west and rodeo scenes. Have your child help you!
4. Some accessories to consider: vintage western boxes, western clocks, cowboy light switch covers, rustic hard wear, cowboy mirrors, western and rustic lighting, rustic throw rugs, a lasso, saddles, spurs, vintage or rustic picture frames, old guitars , sheriff badges, lanterns, cowboy boots, cowboy hats, faux animal hide.Take an old lamp, and apply rope to the base, keeping rope well away from light source.
5. Use a pencil and loosely write your child's name on the wall. Apply glue, and glue a twisted rope onto the lettering.
Categories: Laundry Room Ideas