Bedroom Art With Good Feng Shui – Selecting Appropriate Images For Your Bedroom
The bedroom is the site of relaxation, romance, and rest. Designed well, the bedroom can inspire couples to feel more romantic and stir their passions. If not, relationships can dwindle down to a friendly, not so romantic, handshake. If bedrooms are a place of activity, such as exercise, work, hobbies, or other interests, then they will not be the restful space they were intended to be. There is a fine line between creating the bedroom that inspires you and the bedroom that depletes you.
One of the first areas this shows up in is the artwork. Feng shui has stringent rules regarding bedrooms – and correspondingly – the art that goes into them. Time after time, I see bedrooms during feng shui consultations whose artwork appears to be whatever was leftover from the rest of the house. Or, the symbolism of the art in relationship to the room it is displayed in is not taken into account, such as winter scenes in a marriage bedroom. This can fill the bedroom with all the wrong messages. Bbbbrrrrr…….
Bedrooms should display the messages that inspire the person (or persons) who occupy the room. Artwork should reflect their tastes, interests, and desires while still following feng shui guidelines. This will help to ensure that negative messages or inappropriate messages don’t distract from the principal goals of the bedroom: rest, romance, and relaxation.
Look at all the bedrooms in the house. Determine if they are inspiring and if they are making the appropriate statements for the room. For example, a scary Spiderman poster that looks like Spiderman is going to jump off the wall may create a frightening bedroom for a young boy.
Or, pictures of the kids in a marriage bedroom create too much “kid energy” and can be uncomfortable for romance, causing marital passion to wither. Next, take into account feng shui guidelines, such as eliminating mirrors, pictures of dragons, deities. or vicious animals.
Sleeping is a time when we must be the most protected and cared-for. This is why it makes sense to make sure that your bedrooms support you, your family, and your relationships.
Art in Children’s Bedrooms
* Avoid vicious animals and scary figures.
* Place happy, bright images in the children’s bedrooms
* Display images of skill and learning, such as pictures of globes and books or any kind of learning experience
* DON’T hang pictures of water, lakes, or oceans
* Avoid pictures of religious themes, such as crosses or religious figures
* Select pictures of animals that are positive, such as horses (good for sons) that look happy and strong, not frightened. Turtles are also beneficial. Avoid frogs and toads which can appear to “eat” whatever is in the room.
* DO have pictures of parents in children’s bedroom to inspire better behavior and greater respect
* Clouds are very popular for children’s bedrooms. Be certain that if you have clouds on the ceiling, that the child’s head is not covered by a cloud as this will create “a cloud over his/her head” and this can lead to a number of difficulties. (The same is true for adult bedrooms.)
Art in Adult Bedrooms
* For couples, DO place pictures of pairs (geese, ducks, chairs, vases, etc.) to foster togetherness
* Avoid pictures of heavenly images deities, religious figures, etc.
* Avoid pictures of singular items that suggest being alone
* Avoid pictures of flowers and plants, unless someone is ill. Plants and pictures of plants or flowers will cause couples to argue.
* DO have pictures of love, such as couples in an embrace, tasteful nudes, or affection
* DON’T have pictures of children in the bedroom. You have enough “kid time” already. Have one place in the house that is devoted solely to you and your mate.
* If single, make sure you have pictures in the bedroom that represent the energy you are trying to attract, i.e., a single woman seeking a man should hang pictures that show men or have men strongly in the scene.
* To create opportunities for yourself, place a picture of an open field on the wall opposite the bed. This suggests the way of your life is open and obstacles are removed.
Categories: Living Room Ideas